Tenant Approval Policy
Please note: We follow all federal and local fair housing practices and
and we do not make exceptions to our approval policies.
- An incomplete application will delay the process and may result in another applicant
being approved while we wait for your information.
- Once we receive your completed application, we will have it fully processed and notify
you of the results within 3-5 business days of receipt.
- In the case where we receive more than one application on a property, we will process
all applications and approve the highest-scored applicant. If your application is not
approved due to another application with a higher score, you may be approved for
another property. You may apply your pre-approved application towards any of our other
properties within 30 days without having to pay an application fee again.
- If approved, you will be sent a lease to sign and you will have until 5:00 PM the following
business day to sign the lease and pay the security deposit and pet fees online. We will
place the property on a temporary hold until that designated time, however, until we
receive the signed lease and the security deposit, we will not take the property off the
- All adults 18 years of age or older who will reside at the property must complete a
separate application and pay a separate application fee, and will be required to be listed
and sign the Lease as a Tenant.
Credit Score and Security Deposit Requirements:
- Our credit score requirements are based on all applicants credit score at or above 650,
and is as follows:
- Security deposit required is equal to one and one half (1.50) times one month’s rent.
- We reserve the right to deny applicants with credit scores below 650.
- We do not consider credit scores or rental history on applicants beyond seven years
prior to the application date.
Proof of income Requirements:
- Your gross income must be at least 2x the rental amount for the total of all applicants.
- Employed: your last two months pay stubs or signed offer of employment contract in the
event you have not been employed at least two months.
- Self-Employed: last year’s tax return along with your last two month’s bank statements.
- Retired: your most recent retirement account statement showing a minimum of 2x the
rent x 12 months in account.
- Disabled: your monthly payout verification documentation, along with your last two
month’s bank statements.
- Child Support: a copy of your signed court order, along with your last two month’s bank
- Co-signers: co-signers must show proof of income 4x the rental rate, plus have a credit
score above 700. Co-signers are only used as a source of income. Applicants must still
meet all other approval criteria on their own merit, and we require co-signers to be
responsible for all rental payments and security deposits.
- LPG also takes into consideration your debt-to-income ratio during the approval process.
- The previous two years of rental or residency history is required. The credit report and
other sources of rental history will be checked to verify resident and rental history
- Applicants must provide the address and dates of tenancy for the previous two years,
along with the respective Landlord’s phone number and/or email address.
- An application will most likely be denied if there are previous evictions on record within
the past 7 years, defaults in lease agreements, multiple non-sufficient funds, or multiple
late rental payments.
- LPG reserves the right to deny an application if, after making a good-faith effort, If LPG
is unable to verify the Applicant’s rental history.
- If the applicant owned a residence rather than rented their previous home, you may be
required to furnish proof of mortgage payments and ownership or sale of the home.
- Money currently owed to a former landlord (regardless of length of time) will be denied.
- We will conduct a thorough criminal background check, and you will be asked to disclose
prior criminal convictions or pending criminal actions.
- Failure to disclose is grounds for denial, but pending criminal actions may not be
grounds for denial but may be factors used along with other criteria in the application
review. Criminal convictions of any sort will be evaluated on an individualized basis. LPG
will consider the nature of the crime and the severity of the crime, along with the
- Persons who are listed on any sex offender list will most likely be denied. Applicants with
convictions relating to crimes involving violence, meth dispensing, meth manufacturing,
or meth distribution, anything requiring you to register as a sex offender, homicide,
stalking, or injury to persons will most likely be denied. Applicants who have been
recently released from prison, parole, or probation may be required to provide additional
information and/or references.
Housing Vouchers or Rental Assistance:
- Your gross income must be at least 2x the rental amount for your portion of the rent for
the property you are applying for.
- We do not consider credit scores with Section 8 Housing applicants.
- Housing vouchers or rental assistance: voucher or other documentation must be
submitted along with the tenant's rental application to be considered.
- Initial Housing or Rental Assistance Inspections must be performed and approved prior
to receiving a final approval for a rental.
- We require annual updates from the Housing Authority or Rental Assistance if any
changes to your voucher or income have changed.
Pet Application Requirements:
- Pets are a case-by-case basis per property owner, and AFTER being approved, applicants must complete a pet screening application and pay the required fee.
- Emotional Support Animals (ESA) must be approved.
- Please click this link to view our pet application policy.
LPG is an equal opportunity housing provider and adheres to Fair Housing Laws. LPG does not discriminate against any person based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, familial status, disability, veteran status, marital status, source of income, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class under applicable federal, state, and/or local law.